Wilderness Therapeutic Program
Placement duration: 3 months to approximately 12 months
Brahminy’s Wilderness Therapeutic Program provides a service within a safe and supportive environment based on accommodation and care for young people between the ages of 11 to 18 years old.
The Wilderness Therapeutic Program is designed to provide the clients with the capabilities to address and deal with issues that may impact on them in their respective lives, now and in the future.
This is achieved by working towards such issues that include:
- Family reconciliation
- Recognition of consequences of anti social and illegal activities
- Access to enhanced literacy and numeracy skills
- Providing meaningful and enjoyable experiences
- Day to day living skills
- Interpersonal relationships and social integration
- Alcohol and other drug counselling
- Self esteem, and